My sister recently had a horrible experience with an auto repair business. They quoted her one price and the next day, increased it by $60.00. She waited 4 hours for her car when they promised it would be ready when she arrived and the day after the repairs, my sister’s car wouldn’t start.
What a freakin’ waste of time and money! What lousy service!
Does this sound familiar?
All too often consumers feel victimized after their first purchase and the odds of them repurchasing is ZERO.
While the churn and burn method of doing business is still practiced, the success of your business relies on customer retention.
Smart entrepreneurs know the key to client retention is delivering great and consistent customer experience.
Here are 5 questions to ask yourself about the customer experience in your business.
1. Am I clear when setting expectations? Transparency is key to a satisfied customer. Be very clear on what you need from the client and what they can expect from you.
2. Do I speak to all my clients the same? Not all clients are motivated by the same thing. Many clients are turned off by feeling like just another number. Identifying the types of client you have and tailoring your message to fit your client types will improve engagement.
3. Do I follow-up after the purchase? Asking clients if their needs were met is essential to increasing repeat buying. The feedback received will help improve your business and is an opportunity to solve a new problem.
4. How do I handle dissatisfied clients? Being kind, professional, and helpful when handling dissatisfied customers opens the door to future purchases.
5. Do I demonstrate that I care? Clients want to know that you care about them and their problem. Beyond solving their issue, what support do you provide?